PDA

View Full Version : Property Lines on Toposurface

rayf.141574
2007-07-05, 12:47 AM
Is it possible to make Property Lines appear on a toposurface in 3D? In the Revit User's Guide (Revit Architecture 2008 ) under the section "Property Lines" in Chapter 10 "Working with Site Components" there is an illustration showing Property Lines on a topographical surface - though maybe this is just a plan view.

But if it is possible to get them to appear on the toposurface in 3D I imagine I've just got some setting wrong somewhere or the process I went through in creating the Property Lines was out somewhere.

Can anyone please clarify?

Regards Ray

brett05
2007-07-05, 02:02 AM
The short answer is that unless your toposurface is flat, I'm pretty sure this is not possible.

Cheers, Brett

rayf.141574
2007-07-05, 04:38 AM
Thanks Brett

dhurtubise
2007-07-05, 04:44 AM
Create a dependant view, adjust the disply to only see the propery lines on the dependant one.
Drag the topo to a sheet and overlay the Property Line
That should do the trick

Joef
2007-07-05, 01:18 PM
I think he wants the property line draped onto the toposurface. I don't think this is possible.

clog boy
2007-07-05, 01:51 PM
Anyone knows about poche layers, which only show as solid when cut? (yes the topo surface is one of them) Would it be useful to have reference plane-like objects that only show when and where cutting another face? This would solve this issue, amongst many others. If poche layers and reference planes are commonly used, these tipes of trinkets would show to be gems.

sbrown
2007-07-05, 02:49 PM
You could make an inplace site family or generic model family that is a solid that you have traced your property line. Set its material to something very transparent, then in 3d you will see the property as a solid around your building. Make sure you put it on a subcategory so you can turn it off or on as needed. Note you can also set its linetype to match your propline type. We also do this with easements and setbacks to graphically show what the max building envelope can be. This is particularlly helpful with wedding cake type setbacks.

gravelin
2007-07-05, 03:07 PM
You just have to split your topo surface and pick the property lines in the sketch.

Then in view property , ovverride the line type of the projection lines of the topography