PDA

View Full Version : E-Specs for Revit

ghale
2007-07-05, 12:12 PM
Does anybody have experience with "E-Specs for Revit?" We are looking at the software and would like some additional insight to it's functionality. Some info that's not a sales pitch. Thanks

clog boy
2007-07-05, 12:34 PM
No harm in inviting a sales representative. This software would only be useful if it was able to export data to other industry formats, like maintenance databases or cost estimation tools.

If nothing else, I'd build my own extraction/conversion tool using web languages such as XML and PHP.

Chirag Mistry
2007-07-05, 12:42 PM
We have been using it on couple projects and it seems to work well. They just released their new version (see Steve's blog (http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2007/06/interspec-inc-especs-update.html)). Our spec writer loves it, just for the sake that the formatting is much better and easier than word.

clog boy
2007-07-05, 01:10 PM
the formatting is much better and easier than word.
AND better than Revit's standard scheduling.

Andre Baros
2007-07-05, 04:05 PM
We've been pretty happy with it so far (just a few months) though we haven't integrated it with Revit yet, we're still using it as a stand alone spec writer. It's not for lack of desire, but for lack of time.

The only issues we've had are with little things like fonts, or importing consultant spec sections (tedious if they're not set up perfectly). It's just like Revit... it has some quirks but once you try you can't go back.

The project I'm working on now with use the Revit integration so we'll see how that goes soon.

ghale
2007-07-06, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the input everybody. We will probably get a sales rep in soon. If anybody else has any comments or views on e-specs, they would be much appreciated.