PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Panels - Formula

tkrich00
2007-07-05, 04:13 PM
When a curtain wall panel family is placed into a project under the properties of that panel in Dimensions it lists the height, width and area. Does anyone know how to utilize that information as part of the family - not just in a schedule.

I want to be able to create a formula in the family that would use the height and width - and placing instant parameters for height and width in the family do not work when it is placed in the project. How do you reference the inherent information, ie. the width and height in a formula?

dpollard909366
2007-07-11, 08:28 PM
I am wondering the same thing... Steve Stafford any ideas?

tkrich00
2007-07-11, 09:35 PM
Are you trying to create Light and Vent schedules too? I have been able to do it on hosted windows and pull them together with the room tags in a schedule with shared parameters - works out nice, but I can not do the same the curtain panels - I think I will have to create a formula in a schedule not in the family.

Elmo
2007-07-12, 01:13 PM
Curtain wall panels are most probably the only families that will not allow you to have parameters or formula's in them. The only that seem to work is the equal dimension.