PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Language in Object Styles...

zanzibarbob7
2007-07-05, 08:10 PM
In Object styles, under Windows and Doors as well as in Patterns in Materials I get foreign language to showing up. I'm not against bilingualism, just not when I am trying to work. Has anyone else noticed this bug?

lhanyok
2007-07-05, 08:46 PM
Could they be object styles from a family? If you loaded a family you had downloaded from another source, it may have contained these foreign language object styles.

D_Driver
2007-07-05, 10:14 PM
I just scanned the imperial default template, construction template and residential template. These are all clean, so as per lhanyok, probably from downloaded families. or outside content.
Just a note to all the reviteers who are just jumping on board, this is EXACTLY why your office should have in place some kind of quarantine folder where content goes for review before it gets populated in all your projects.
check:
object styles, are they per office standards, if not, you will have a difficult time maintaining consistent view templates
fill patterns, lineweights, even materials can be non standard in an "out of house" family, but the biggest impact of all of thesee is the sub categories because of the view control allocated to this aspect of the building model.

zanzibarbob7
2007-07-06, 04:38 AM
I think I have solved the problem. I borrowed this file from an Autodesk resource to do some experimenting and I am sure that they used an imported family. Thanks for the help.

D_Driver
2007-07-06, 06:53 AM
Yep, as an international corporation you will often find things like that lurking in the background of their files. Not uncommon at all.

clog boy
2007-07-06, 07:04 AM
You'll see much more of that when you use my window template I posted in Tips & Tricks a week ago (Dutch). Name everything by function, this will make translation much easier.

comhasse
2007-07-06, 09:17 AM
Using a localized (German) version, i sometimes wish we'd all be forced to just stick to English. Even some default content that comes with the localized version isn't consistently translated, e.g. line patterns exist both with English and German names. If even the software developer can't completely avoid that kind of confusion, it seems it's going to be almost impossible for the end user. Looks like we just have to live with a certain amount of mess.