PDA

View Full Version : FG Elevations same as EG Elevations but shouldn't be

kmorgan.123906
2007-07-05, 08:53 PM
I was hoping that someone here might know why when I create a FG surface in a profile, the labels do not show the correct elevations at each station (it shows an elevation equal to the EG elevation). Everything appears to be linked just fine (i.e. when I move the FG profile my surface regenerates in plan view). I am still trying to learn the software so it is probably a simple fix, but I am stumped. I have attached my practice file for you to look at. Thanks.

Koby

CADiva
2007-07-05, 09:51 PM
Have you checked your bands? You may need to set the profiles in the bands.

MHultgren
2007-07-05, 09:51 PM
In your Profile View Properties, Band Settings, have you changed the Surface 2 to pick up your FG surface? The two selections can be found at the Far right of the dialog under Bands.
See attached image below...

kmorgan.123906
2007-07-06, 07:36 PM
Thanks to both of you for posting a reply. The band settings appear to be correct, however, when I go into profiles tab under profile view properties I cannot set a data source for my FG? I created my FG contours from corridor feature lines and like I mentioned in my previous post, they dynamically update when I move my FG profile, but the surface elevation labels simply won't change. What am I missing?

MHultgren
2007-07-06, 07:54 PM
I looked at your dwg and sure enough, in your Profile View Properties, both surfaces were set to Existing. I changed Surface 2 to to Design and the elevations updated.
See the images below.
You need to click in the box where the surface name is so you can access the dropdown list of all available surfaces (Profiles) to choose from.

kmorgan.123906
2007-07-10, 05:20 PM
Now I feel completely idiotic. Thanks for your help, eventually I will figure this Civil 3D monster out.

MHultgren
2007-07-10, 08:20 PM
That is one of the first things I say in my training classes, You have unleashed a Monster and we will spend the next X days trying to tie it back down. :lol: