PDA

View Full Version : Grips and the Linework Tool

mzabritski
2007-07-05, 11:04 PM
When using the linework tool to override linestyles in a wall section, I am not getting grips to show up so I can adjust the portion of the line that I want changed. Is there any reason or logic for this? Previous projects have allowed me to adjust the part of a line that I want to turn invisible.

Any ideas?

ron.sanpedro
2007-07-05, 11:50 PM
When using the linework tool to override linestyles in a wall section, I am not getting grips to show up so I can adjust the portion of the line that I want changed. Is there any reason or logic for this? Previous projects have allowed me to adjust the part of a line that I want to turn invisible.

Any ideas?

On occasion I have used the Linework tool and discovered that the other end of that line is WAY outside the view on screen. Try zooming back while the line is selected and see if the grip shows up some crazy place you didn't expect it.

Gordon

mzabritski
2007-07-06, 03:31 PM
Still no luck with the grips, mainly while working with walls. Maybe the tool doesnt work the way I thought it did. It will also not change the linework of walls in section view (at least the lines on wall interior - it will change the outline, but not of individual components of a wall while in medium or fine detail level.

If this is the case, how does anyone use it for wall sections?

christo4robin
2007-07-06, 04:16 PM
A workaround is to use the detail line tool, use the pick option, and check the lock box in the options bar. That way you are sure to get grips. The downside is that you will have to hide the element you are modifying in the view and that may take away more information than you want to allow.

awagner.135499
2012-11-20, 06:45 PM
From Autodesk Support:
"Blue grips for segment linework not available

Issue
You want to edit the segment linework by dragging the blue grips that are available when the linework tool is applied to the line segments of an element. However, when you were using the linework tool in walls, the blue grips were available in the elevation view, but not in the plan view.
Solution
The blue grips for segment linework edit cannot be displayed for walls in plan view.

The wall lines visible in a plan view are cut edges, not real model edges, that are produced by cutting the model with the view plane. The blue grips for editing the segment linework are only available with real model edges, such as the linework visible in elevation views or site plans."

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8012177&linkID=9243099

dhurtubise
2012-11-23, 05:18 PM
Did you had a look at Overriding the Host Layers in VG?