PDA

View Full Version : Circular wall layout advice

rjcrowther
2007-07-07, 12:36 PM
Could anyone give me an idea of how to best approach the following.

I have a circular stairwell with concrete stair treads that we hope to embed into the wall (concrete block wall) so no stringers are required (ie the treads are cantilevered). I have been asked to 'roll out' the circular wall of the stairwell so it lays flat on the page and draw a layout for the blocks and treads.

My question is how to approach this using the intelligence of revit? I can project the treads and walls (autocad style) but I suspect the layout is going to change a dozen times and I would prefer not to re-draw every time. It would be great if there was a polar room elevation option but should one exist I have not been able to find it.

Thanks,
Rob

mibzim
2007-07-08, 11:55 PM
wish there was a way to easily do this, but i dont think there is.

dhurtubise
2007-07-09, 03:46 AM
You could fake the rollout with a second stair that will use the same properties but will be a straight run

rjcrowther
2007-07-09, 06:03 AM
Yes, I did think of that.

The bit I didn't tell you was the roof is a skillion and so it will form some kind of ellipse at the top of the wall as it rolls flat. It has some head height issues of its own as the planning department has screwed us down on height restrictions.

How nice would it be to nudge the roof height and stair rotation angle and watch what it does in a room elevation window on a second screen with some predrawn reference planes to see when it all fits.

Well that's my trip to fantasy land for the day, back to reality......

dhurtubise
2007-07-09, 06:08 AM
Can you post it ?

sbrown
2007-07-09, 12:58 PM
You could draw ref. planes at each tread, then project elevations at each of these then align them on the sheet.