PDA

View Full Version : mirrored components

fstafek
2007-07-08, 07:39 PM
Is there any way how to find, list, select, show or schedule components, that have been mirrored? (other than the eye way of course :-)

I've a lot components inserted, and just realized now, that the manufacturer doesn't produced the mirrored version, so I have to identify these instances and mirror them back and solve other dependences they have...

Regards Frantisek Stafek.

twiceroadsfool
2007-07-08, 10:01 PM
I would like a way to define IF components are able to be mirrored as well. For instance, if i make a casework family, and define it as LH or RH, i dont want it to be possible for someone to mirror it. For now, i tell people in our office not to make families that specify direction in that fashion, for that reason.

But if we are building families to stand in for manufacturers goods, we often need to specify LH or RH.

I could see it going as a setting in the Family Catagories area (near Shared, Always Vertical, Work Plane Based, etc) that says "Allow Mirroring" and if the box isnt checked, you just get the error dialogue saying "Objects in the selection set are not valid for Mirroring." with the only option being cancel, or deselect elements.

But to answer your original question, i dont know of any way to identify them...

fstafek
2007-07-08, 10:32 PM
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

Its just pitty you can't question the actual geometry with schedules or some other tool (this would be solved with quickselect in autocad in seconds with plain dumb blocks).

Regards, Frantisek Stafek.