PDA

View Full Version : Legend Views: Know issue or known bug?

jcdecastro
2007-07-09, 08:00 PM
When I place a legend component and want to see the front, I have to switch it to show the back. Sounds confusing but the back turns out to be the front :?

While placing it the options bar says view:front however, once it's placed and you go to properties the it changes and the field is View direction instead of View.

I tried components that I have made, I have tried factory components, different computers, same thing.

I am guessing it's not supposed to work like this...

FOUTJM
2009-12-09, 05:24 PM
this is pretty wacky.

all i can say is ...dont build your families thinking front is back and back is front just to get them to show up right in a legend.

im just sayin.

azmz3
2009-12-09, 05:52 PM
I have noticed the same thing as well. Dont understand why it works that way at all. The legend views are a little confusing mess all to themselves anyway.

patricks
2009-12-09, 06:03 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with legends. It has to do with how the families are built. Notice the view cube when you're in a 3D view in the family editor. It will tell you which direction is front and which is back.

Unfortunately, Revit's OOTB family templates seem to have the Back side as the Exterior or Placement side for most door, window, and wall-hosted families, and as the Up direction in plan view for non-hosted families. Of course none of that makes any sense. I thought this was fixed a couple of releases back, but apparently it is not.