PDA

View Full Version : End of wall shows centerline

pdickman
2007-07-09, 08:31 PM
I have an elevation view that shows a wall wrap at an opening. The problem is that a line is showing at the centerline of the wall- see attached PDF. How can I get rid of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-09, 09:33 PM
I can't say I've ever seen that one before.

I assume you've tried to select the line to make sure it isn't a drafting or model line. If it is, delete the sucker.

Otherwise, I can't really tell you what the line is coming from without the Revit file. It's just too unusual.

However, you should be able to select the linework tool (little fountain pen head) and select "invisible lines" in the type selector and override the line by making it "vanish"! If that doesn't do it, I'd copy the wall and anything hosted into it at that spot and paste it into a blank file. If the line still persists, then send it to us (post it). If it vanishes, there there is some project setting making it show. In that case, select everything in the project in a 3D view, and then deselect those objects. Delete everything else, and then purge the file. Assuming the line is still present (it should be this time) you can post that file and hopefully we can figure it out!

Good luck!

pdickman
2007-07-09, 09:51 PM
It's definitely the wall. When I pick the centerline, it shows up as the wall type (upper-left corner dropdown, I don'r know what it is). It happens in different gwb walls when I insert the attached door.

eddy.lermytte
2007-07-09, 10:09 PM
Type Parameters > Construction > uncheck Wall Closure > Both.

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-09, 10:13 PM
Here's the deal...

The line is the wall closure specified in the door family. Basically, you've overridden the host and set it to use the "both" setting. So, since you haven't specified a wall closure plane, it is defaulting to the wall centerline.

You've got several options:

1. use the modified family I uploaded with a wall closure plane justified on the face of one wall.

2. Set it to have closure "by host" and then use the correct setting for each wall type - this won't get you what you want on it's own.

3. Modify the door family to have a "frame" that hides the wall condition. (you can have a sheetrock "frame" after all...)

4. Use the linework tool to make the line invisible (as suggested previously)

5. Ignore the line (see no evil)...

I'd go with 1 because it gets you what you want with the least effort. On doors that don't have frames we do this.

pdickman
2007-07-09, 11:09 PM
Option 1 worked! Thanks so much.