PDA

View Full Version : To Model or Draft

pwmsmith
2004-07-31, 09:15 PM
I would like to have some opinions when to model and when to use drafting lines. For example, a commerical building with multi floors and repeating toilet rooms. It seems to me that I can use drafting lines for the floor plans and interior elevations faster than modeling toilet partitions, handicap partitions, and associated accessories, lav's etc, etc. I understand if I model and cut sections the elevations are done however it still seems faster to use archive drawings of elevations and plans and modify. When the rooms are burried in the middle of the building I cannot get 3d views so whats the point?
All opinions appreciated.

Roger Evans
2004-07-31, 10:43 PM
I can sympathise with this ~ I think its more a matter of what you need to produce in the time, what you want to do, what you feel comfortable with.
In other words the choice is ours & you can do whatever you want to.
3-D is not compulsory so adapt yourself to the circumstance.

Great isn't it?

Martin P
2004-08-02, 07:13 AM
Beware on your sections if you do walls as drafting lines..... are you sure it is quicker to draw say 4 lines as opposed to 1 wall? I

In your example I would probably use groups. But I would possibly consider 2D too. Whatever is easiest for you is the "correct" answer