PDA

View Full Version : Room Tag vs. Tenant Tag

cgorsuch
2007-07-10, 02:41 PM
In the world of retail, when building a shell space, a single room can have several tenants. The tenants vie for square footage, so keeping the area per tenant scheduled is extremely important.

Is it possible to have the tenant areas tagged, in addition to the room area tagged with a different graphic tag? Or do we have to change our expectations of how we present our information when using Revit?

psteel
2007-07-10, 03:26 PM
We are in the process of doing around 4.5 million sq ft of retail over three projects.

We modified the room tag to have another line for tenant name. if you need to hide the tenant name select the tag with just area and room number. If you need to re-show the tenant name it is still in the database.

i.e

Room Tag = Unit Name , Room number , Area

or Room Tag = Room number , Area

You can also set up your schedules for the tenant name to be reported or not....

Hope this helps

justin.black
2007-07-10, 03:29 PM
I believe this is possible, although I have never done this myself. The way I would look into it would be to add a project perameter for the tenant label. Then I would duplicate your room tag and change the parameter to match the project perameter that you just created. Of course you can alter the tag to look different if you wish. Like I said, I've never tried this but I would start by looking into project perameters. It will seem like a lot of work the first time but after you get it working once you can export your project perameters into future projects and never have to set it up again. HTH

JB

aaronrumple
2007-07-10, 03:35 PM
You need an area plan - they are designed to do exactly this.

You place and label rooms. And then you place and label areas of each tenant. BOMA rules will be applied to you lease spaces for the areas.

Wesley
2007-07-10, 04:21 PM
Aaron is right, definitely use area plans to get both tag types. BOMA methodology is avaiable, but only if you wish to use it. If the tenants share one big open space, for instance, then you have area seperator lines just like you do for rooms

Brockway
2007-07-10, 08:26 PM
Taking the Area Plans one step further:
Is it possible to create a color fill plan from an Area Plan that is not bound by walls?

condition: We have run into a situation where we need to indicate to a client a tenant space that is bound by interior of shell wall in places, center line of partition walls in places, exterior face of shell wall in places, etc. Basically it's easier to draw an area boundary and let it define the area desired. However, when I place a Color Fill on the Area Plan the walls white out the fill. Our client would actually need to see that the walls are colored, too. Is there a way to bring it to front or something?

I hope that's not too confusing of a description. We are currently on 9.1.