PDA

View Full Version : Copy/paste of groups from view to another

some-1-2
2007-07-10, 08:41 PM
I am having a problem with copy/paste of drafting elements (detail lines, detail items) from one view to another. Basically, I am copying a detail of section created in a ‘Drafting View’ onto an actual wall ‘Section View’. Then I receive an error message that cannot be ignored saying [Cannot paste view-specific elements from different views]. So I am not sure what is happening. The elements that I am copying and pasting are mainly drafting work.

Steve_Stafford
2007-07-10, 10:31 PM
Hard to guess from your description unfortunately. Can you post a screen shot of the view you are copying from and show what the filter displays when you select everything you want to copy/paste. Is it a group or just a selecting a bunch of stuff. Also any chance you are including a view element like elevation symbol or section mark accidentally...or grid...?

some-1-2
2007-07-11, 08:01 PM
Steve - Thanks for your reply.

I am only copying/pasting drafting work. Whene I select the elements they do not include grid lines, section/elevation markers or even model components.

Attached PDF illustrate the elements selected.

By tryng many times over and over again, I can only imagine that: the Detail Items seem to inherit some sort of physical constraint brought from the ‘Detail/Section’ view types which are associated with building model components; even though the user did not specify these constraints!

Thanks again for sharing your views.