PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to ACAD: Plumbing Fixture

nnguyen
2007-07-10, 08:46 PM
Is anyone having problems when exporting a Revit Architecture 2008 plan to AutoCAD that some plumbing fixtures do not stay where they are suppose to be? We have had toilets which are hosted either mirror to the otherside for the wall, or moved a good amount away from the original spot in space some where. And sinks that are not hosted mirrored or moved to the otherside of the wall. I have not seen this in the other versions we have worked on (8.1, 9 or 9.1) We have seen this done in 2008 and when we have updated to the latest build. I will be submitting Autodesk but just wanted to see if anyone else out there has had this problem.

cdetore
2007-07-11, 06:15 PM
Just curious, are you exporting from a plan view, or a sheet with a plan view in it?

CD

nnguyen
2007-07-11, 07:23 PM
Just curious, are you exporting from a plan view, or a sheet with a plan view in it?

CD

Exporting from a plan view. I have also exported from a sheet with a plan view in it, and the same thing occurs (but in fact, sometimes it is even more of a mess). I have also noticed that it isn't just some of the plumbing fixtures, but also doors and casework. and those items are OOTC with very slight modification. i have submitted a support request and they replied that they will be working on it.

cdetore
2007-07-13, 06:39 PM
Just wondering because we did have a few problems when exporting a view on a sheet. We exported them as separate files and bound them afterwards. It just a pain to do if you have a lot of sheets to export.

Sounds like your issue is a little more involved.

CD

Melarch
2007-07-14, 11:17 AM
Just curious about the plumbing fixtures, are they similar to the plumbing fixtures on Revit City for Kohler? The Kohler plumbing fixters on Revit City are the original 3D blocks from the Kohler library for AutoCAD that were copied and pasted into a Revit (plumbing category RFA) family file. I haven't tested this, but I wonder if the base or insertion point for these copied 3D blocks into a family are somehow affecting their insertion point positions when exported back to a DWG.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.

nnguyen
2007-07-28, 04:57 PM
Just curious about the plumbing fixtures, are they similar to the plumbing fixtures on Revit City for Kohler? The Kohler plumbing fixters on Revit City are the original 3D blocks from the Kohler library for AutoCAD that were copied and pasted into a Revit (plumbing category RFA) family file. I haven't tested this, but I wonder if the base or insertion point for these copied 3D blocks into a family are somehow affecting their insertion point positions when exported back to a DWG.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.

They are not plumbing fixtures from Kohler. all the families are created within Revit either 3d or 2d with elevations. I don't think it is the insertion point. Because this problem does not happen to all the same instance of plumbing fixture or other components in the project.

So I would say that when I export, my first floor is okay, but my other floors, some items are moved, mirrored and/or have some of the lines in the element dropped. I thought it would be constant on where it happen, like a certain group or location, but no luck. I submitted a support request, and they told me to make sure I have the latest build. Did that, updated the build, but no luck. Still have this issue. Waiting for support again....

eddy.lermytte
2007-07-28, 06:05 PM
I have had some similar complaints in a earlier version of Revit ( about vs 8.)
In my case, the misteriously moved objects, more or less far away from the original point , concerned mainly doors and windows.
Never found the time to investigate went wrong then.

cdetore
2007-08-03, 03:34 PM
This problem sounds similar to today's post by dbaldacchino in the Families section;

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=65436

CD