PDA

View Full Version : Export render as tiff

wilddesign
2007-07-11, 03:50 AM
I’ve just notice Revit Architecture 2008 doesn’t allow a render to be exported, using the ‘Export Image’ command on the Rendering tab, as a TIFF. Has anyone else come across this, is this a bug or is this part of the up grade?

Arnel Aguel
2007-07-11, 04:54 AM
Tiff has been replaced with .png file format

wilddesign
2007-07-11, 05:18 AM
Does .png format allow for the use of the alpha channel sellection in the background tab?
That is remove the background from the model in photoshop.

jeffh
2007-07-11, 01:32 PM
PNG file format does support Alpha channel information.

Tyveka
2007-07-11, 02:27 PM
While PNG file format does support Alpha Channeling, is it possible to export the alpha channel of the rendered geometry? As I understand it, there used to be an option to do so in the render settings when creating TIFF images. Try as I might, I can't find that option anywhere....

Thanks!

Chirag Mistry
2007-07-11, 05:33 PM
exporting to a bmp gives alpha channel

wilddesign
2007-07-13, 01:42 AM
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not.

When I export a rendered view as a .bmp or .png and open in photoshop I can load selection and copy to a new layer however it doesn't separate the model from the background. This used to work with a .tiff

I have the alpha channel option ticked in Rendered Scene Settings/Environment/Main Advanced. There is also an alpha channel option in Rendered Scene Settings/Environment/Background/Image Masking which is not ticked

Any reason the model and background cant be separated?

hdjohnson
2007-07-13, 04:18 PM
I've never been able to get an Alpha Channel to export in BMP and PNG format. I wish they would just enable the TIFF option again.

Teresa.Martin
2007-07-13, 04:18 PM
Hi! I am not sure if this will help or not...However, if you capture the image first in Revit and then go to Export Image from the file pull down menu, you can choose Tiff as an option...

Best regards,

gravelin
2007-07-14, 07:46 AM
PNG file format does support Alpha channel information.
And witch format does ?