PDA

View Full Version : Export to dwg greyed out 2008

CADMama
2007-07-11, 02:07 PM
I have one project that the "Export" is greyed out when the project is opened. The project was started in 9.1.
On another machine the "Export" will run but it reports that the AutoCAD dwg is open and to close it to continue. There is no way it is open - there is no AutoCAD or ADT or ACA on site.
Any ideas?

Elmo
2007-07-12, 01:20 PM
In which view are you when try to export or do this occur in all the views?

Scott D Davis
2007-07-12, 05:34 PM
Double-check that the user hasn't activated the Project Browser by clicking inside of it before going to File>Export. Click in the drawing winodw before trying to Export, otherwise Revit thinks you want to Export the Browser, which isn't possible.

This is the only time I've seen the Export function greyed out.

CADMama
2007-07-12, 07:18 PM
In which view are you when try to export or do this occur in all the views?
It does not matter which view. Mostly they were trying to export sheets w/views but a floor plan view gave the same response. We have narrowed it down to probably being machine and/or project specific.

They are going to try to reload the software.

CADMama
2007-07-12, 07:19 PM
Double-check that the user hasn't activated the Project Browser by clicking inside of it before going to File>Export. Click in the drawing winodw before trying to Export, otherwise Revit thinks you want to Export the Browser, which isn't possible.

This is the only time I've seen the Export function greyed out.
When it was the one that Export was completely greyed out it did appear that he had not clicked into the actually view.