PDA

View Full Version : Just Leaders???

KELLI
2007-07-11, 03:57 PM
Anyone know how I can draw a leader/arrow without any notation?

Thanks,

Kelli

SkiSouth
2007-07-11, 04:01 PM
Create a text style whose size is 1/256", arrow the size you want normally. Draw the leader and use a period for the text. Not a completely blank leader, but the dot is very small.

KELLI
2007-07-11, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the workaround. I guess I was just hoping for once I wouldn't have to add something to my Wish List.

Kelli

sbrown
2007-07-11, 04:39 PM
Use a blank leader family than you can create many diff arrow styles and easily add or remove leaders as needed. I've uploaded 2 files ones is a dot you can add leaders to, one is blank and you add leaders(both are placed using the symbol tool. Note you have to create your arrow head types in the properties of the family once its loaded just like you do to text styles.

KELLI
2007-07-11, 04:55 PM
OK, so apparently I had a "duh moment." If you draw the arrow and go in to the properties, you can Edit and uncheck the number, text and bubble, leaving you with just the arrow/leader! Thanks for all your input!

Kelli

DaveP
2007-07-11, 06:41 PM
Create a text style whose size is 1/256", arrow the size you want normally. Draw the leader and use a period for the text. Not a completely blank leader, but the dot is very small.
If you've got an Oce printer, this can cause you big problems.
There's a bug in the Oce printer driver that will crash your plot if you use 1/256".
1/128" is OK, but 1/256 goes boom.

patricks
2007-07-11, 06:52 PM
never had a problem printing to our Oce TDS600 when having a "note" dimension style which has 1/256" text.

rdaniel
2007-07-12, 10:12 PM
Note you have to create your arrow head types in the properties of the family once its loaded just like you do to text styles.How do you do this? Mind sharing?

Thanks.

KELLI
2007-07-12, 10:31 PM
Download the Blank leader file above. Under the Drafting Tab select symbol and insert the blank leader family. Before placing the leader, change "number of leaders" on the Options Bar to however many you need. Then highlight that leader and go to the Properties menu. Click Edit and you can choose the arrow style there. Hope this makes sense...

Kelli

rdaniel
2007-07-13, 02:02 PM
Kelli,

Thanks for the response and direction. I realized that I was getting some terminology confused here. What I am actually trying to do is create a custom arrowhead. Does the program allow the user any control here. (*When I say custom, I mean creating a custom shape - not just adjusting the settings on the existing).

For clarification - I want to use the arrowhead with a tag.
Thanks Reviters.

KELLI
2007-07-13, 02:22 PM
And here I was thinking I could actually answer a question instead of ask one for once...

sbrown
2007-07-13, 04:13 PM
you can in a backwards sense. if you open the dot family I posted and edit it to be the custom arrow head you want, then you can add leaders to it when you place it, it will just be backwards. So basically NO you can't create custom arrowheads that attach to text leaders or annotation leaders. You can create your own generic annotations with whatever shape you want.

rdaniel
2007-07-13, 04:18 PM
Well there's a wish list item then. ACad lets you use any block / symbol you want as a leader arrowhead or dimension tick mark. And I know that Revit isn't ACad, so no one needs to get on that soapbox - but ACad sure does some things nice that I wish Revit could do.