PDA

View Full Version : Geometry underlay.

jra.140737
2007-07-11, 07:24 PM
I want to create a building geometry underlay. I want to be able to to turn it on and off on any level. I'd like it to work like an XREF, so I don't have to create a fake level for it. It can be an ACAD file, but preferable I'd like it to be a Revit file.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
-Joe

dpollard909366
2007-07-11, 08:19 PM
you can just import an acad file (as an import not a link) Then you can copy and paste it into any and all views you want. You can control visibility in the imports tab of the visibility/graphics overrides and make it grayscale.

Just make sure the acad file is cleaned up, no ADT data, and its exported to AutoCAD not just saved as Acad if you are using ADT. (otherwise you can enter a world of corrupt file pain with weird ADT data.)

hope this helps....

cpiper
2007-07-11, 08:45 PM
I don't know if this will help but you might take a look at the underlay function found in the view properties of each view.

Right click and select view properties from the drop down menu or type "vp" on your keyboard. If you have already drawng the building on one floor you can select that floor and the building will show up underlayed on the existing view.

A word of caution, you may need to turn color fills off or set them to show in the background rather than the foreground.

Rhythmick
2007-07-11, 09:04 PM
Reference Planes?