PDA

View Full Version : Bringing objects from Links into your own project

luigi
2007-07-12, 03:30 PM
I wasn't able to figure out a good title in a headline type that describes what I just discovered...

When you have a link in your project, you don't have access to the families (both component nor system families) i.e. if you have wall type " Glazed Brick on Block" in your link, but you wanted to have the same exact wall in your project and it isn't on a list. Well, all you have to do is select that object from the link (hit tab until the object is selected) then CTRL-C and then Paste it into your project. You will have full access to that family from this point forward.

Maybe some of you knew you could do this, but I just discovered this a few minutes ago....

I hope you find use of this tip....

Later,

aaronrumple
2007-07-12, 04:20 PM
I wasn't able to figure out a good title in a headline type that describes what I just discovered...

When you have a link in your project, you don't have access to the families (both component nor system families) i.e. if you have wall type " Glazed Brick on Block" in your link, but you wanted to have the same exact wall in your project and it isn't on a list. Well, all you have to do is select that object from the link (hit tab until the object is selected) then CTRL-C and then Paste it into your project. You will have full access to that family from this point forward.

Maybe some of you knew you could do this, but I just discovered this a few minutes ago....

I hope you find use of this tip....

Later,
You can also tab/select and exclude parts of a linked file from particular views.