PDA

View Full Version : Revit to Acad translation - Insertion Point

clarkmorgan
2007-07-12, 04:32 PM
I have a Revit MEP model that I am exporting to ACAD for my contractors, the arch model that they are getting from the Arch. is a DGN export with differant coordinates. How can they correctly x-ref my Revit DWG translation and the Architects DGN export so that everything has the same coordinates. Is this possible?

truevis
2007-07-14, 01:33 PM
The trick for finding Revit's origin is to make a 2' cross of lines in AutoCAD around 0,0 then import into Revit, origin to origin.

Once you know Revit's origin, you can move your model accordingly. Or maybe you can move coordinates in Revit, but my knowledge is fuzzy on that.

Mottiqua
2007-07-16, 12:29 PM
So basically you're exporting your model from revit to autocad, and then having the architects reference in your dwg into Microstation. We use Microstation here, and usually do not have a problem with that workflow. Our architects would use revit, and they would export their plans to Autocad, which we reference into Microstation. (Provided that they are working in V8.) I would just do what the previous poster stated, create a reference point so that they have something to base from, basically a CYA.....then when they reference in your drawing, they can move the reference from your 0,0 to microstation's 0,0....