PDA

View Full Version : unable to split wall

Chirag Mistry
2007-07-12, 07:12 PM
I have stacked exterior wall (stone at base and stucco on top) these walls were behaving fine till today...now when I am trying to clean a wall join or increase the height of the walls, trim, move, or even DELETE....:? I get an error "Unable to Split Walls" and the only option I have is to cancel...I am not sure what the error means or where to fix it...any ideas ?

JONB.102117
2007-07-12, 09:14 PM
i always check and see if any walls have been attached. if so i detach all if i know it's not going to mess anything up. this usually frees the wall up.

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-12, 09:44 PM
Yep, when you split or generally mess in any way with a stacked wall that is attached to anything, Revit pretty much blows up. Yet one more reason stacked walls suck... Detach and you should be fine.

Chirag Mistry
2007-07-12, 11:42 PM
tried it...the wall will not let me....same error :banghead:

lev.lipkin
2007-07-13, 03:45 PM
Please post simplified model here or send the full model to Support to be investigated. Thanks and sorry for your trouble.

Teresa.Martin
2007-07-13, 04:09 PM
Hi! Please forgive me if you already tried the 'Break Up' option for stacked walls from the right click menu....

Best regards,

Chirag Mistry
2007-07-13, 06:16 PM
Thanks for all your responses.
Finally figured out a work around. The problem was due to using edit cut profile on a stacked wall, once when i removed the sketch I was able to edit it one of the walls. For the other two I was able to cut them out of the project into a new project, edit them and copy them back into the project.