PDA

View Full Version : hiding a single wall

wse1
2007-07-12, 09:28 PM
I need to make one out of 3 walls not print in a specific view. Is there a way to accomplsh this without turning off the entire wall category and thus hiding all walls?

Thanks

ijnicholas
2007-07-12, 09:37 PM
RVT 2008 has this new "Hide in View" command in the right click.

HawkeyNut
2007-07-12, 09:56 PM
And we are extremely thankful for it...

wse1
2007-07-12, 10:07 PM
Thanks,

I should have mentioned I am using 9.1!

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-12, 10:25 PM
Upgrade!

Or, if that is infeasible, write a filter.

Put something inane in the comments field of that wall. "Die punk" or "Make my day" are my two favorites, you can pick something sensible if you prefer. Then, go to your visibility graphics settings, create a new filter (new dialog pop up), select the wall category, and then set the filter rules to look in the comments field for something that contains "Die punk", or whatever you put in it. Click OK! You're not done yet... Now, add that filter to the view (still in the filters tab of VG) and specify how you want the objects that meet the selection filter to behave! (In this case, un-check the "visible" box!)

Now, your wall should magically vanish. And, you can select any other wall in that view and type in "Make my day" and watch it vanish too! If you're feeling even crazier, you can change the filter to apply to all categories (which do all have a comments field) and now you can have any element "Make you day"!

One warning, don't type in something like "My boss sucks", that usually gets negative results in the end...

ijnicholas
2007-07-12, 10:46 PM
In 9.1 you can use filters to achieve this.
Start with Settings menu > filters.
Then you have to assign this filter in the VG of the particular view

SCShell
2007-07-13, 12:56 AM
Hey there,
Or....
Add a new Phase
or....
Add a new Design Option
or...
Upgrade to 2008.

Good luck