PDA

View Full Version : Generating a Floor Finish Plan with Shading

sfraney
2007-07-16, 04:44 PM
Hi Folks,

I've been asked to create a floor finish plan. The plan needs to show the 3 or 4 different floor finishes I'm using as a shaded or hatched region in each room. I have all the floor finishes called out in my Room objects.

Is there a way to use, say an area plan or something simliar to an area plan that can display room shading based on floor finish?

The plan is quiet large and to manually draw all the 3 or 4 types of shading will require me to use the "Fill Region" tool. I want to avoid this if all possible. Any ideas with this one?

Teresa.Martin
2007-07-16, 04:52 PM
Hi! I am not sure if this will help you or not..but you can set the color fills to be hatch patterns rather then solids. Then when you use the color fill, the hatch pattern will show up in the rooms with that particular area/name/etc.
Best regards,

sfraney
2007-07-16, 05:25 PM
Thanks for th quick response.

This sounds like a reasonable approach but currently each room's floor is the underlaying floor slab that extends the entire floor plan. I do not have a specific floor modeled for each room. I only ID each room's floor finish by calling it out as a specfic floor finish in the Room Object which shows up in my room finish schedule.

I'm trying to think if there is a way that i can filter this floor finish information and represent it as a hatch or shade in this finish floor plan I'm trying to create.

sbrown
2007-07-16, 05:28 PM
You can use color fills and add a parater for finish and then do color fills by finish and specify color and hatch pattern.

sfraney
2007-07-16, 05:31 PM
Hmm, I thought I looked at that and it didn't give me an option to do that. I'll check it again. Thx!

sfraney
2007-07-16, 05:32 PM
Your referring to using the area plan's color fill to control the parameter, eh?

sfraney
2007-07-16, 05:35 PM
Aye, no need for an area plan. Thanks! This will work!

sfraney
2007-07-16, 05:47 PM
Hmm, I must be missing somethinh here, I dropped this finish finish color schedule onto the floor plan which shows itself like it should. Problem is the hatching (nor shading) show up on in the plan. Tell me I'm missing something simple. I checked my visibility setting for color fill legeneds and they are turned on. Any ideas why the plan doesn't display the color fills at this point?

johnf.77896
2007-07-16, 06:04 PM
Maybe your scale setting or view. I know that I ran into that problem where it didnt look like it showed up until you zoom'd in.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com

sfraney
2007-07-16, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, I remember dropping the color fill legend on and not seeing anything until I zoomed in or out, this seems to be a different issue. I'm saving and am rebotting at the moment, maybe it's a memory issue for something. Got plenty of RAM though.

sfraney
2007-07-16, 06:40 PM
I fixed it, seems like the color legend had to be deleted off the sheet first, then I activated the "color fill" under "areas" in visibility settings, then re-dropped the color fill legend onto the view and it worked.