PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Door Thickness

veronica.lamb
2007-07-18, 07:15 PM
I'm consulting in an office that wants the sliding doors to not report a thickness in the door schedule.

Several months ago I was able to modify some door families and cause the thickness parameter to be blank. Now I can not remember how I got it to be blank without Revit complaining about the empty parameter.

Any ideas?
--Veronica

Justin Marchiel
2007-07-18, 09:28 PM
if this is a parameter that drive geometry in the family it will show up. if the door is always the same thickness, jsut remove the parameter from the family. since there is nothing to report, it wont show anything.

Justin

veronica.lamb
2007-07-18, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, but thickness parameters can not be removed from door families... the remove button is greyed out.
--V

aaronrumple
2007-07-18, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, but thickness parameters can not be removed from door families... the remove button is greyed out.
--V
That is correct. Built-In parameters cannot be removed. Just make it blank.

Justin Marchiel
2007-07-18, 10:05 PM
but make sure that you dont have that parameter actually driving the thickness of the door. if so, the door will actually go to nothing and revit will get mad.

veronica.lamb
2007-07-19, 12:09 AM
Ok, I figured it out.

The parameter can not be made blank as long as the Family Category is set to Doors. (Even if you make sure it's not controlling geometry)

I changed the Family Category to Generic Model, deleted the Thickness parameter, then changed it back to the Door Category. This created the Thickness parameter again, but it is empty. Revit won't complain about the blank parameter unless I edit the Family Types.

That works for now, thanks for your suggestions.
--V

Brockster
2010-07-07, 07:00 PM
V., thank you very much for finding a way to do this. Although I used it for another purpose, it worked just as you replied. This seems to be the only answer I found on Google.

cliff collins
2010-07-07, 07:35 PM
In RAC 2011 you can now use a "reporting parameter" for this purpose.

cheers