PDA

View Full Version : Material Take-off / Floors

ford347
2007-07-19, 03:33 PM
When doing a material take-off, does it grab the floor slab edges? I created a multi-category and filtered down to my cast-in-place concrete material, added in the family and type parameter so that I could make sure what it was accounting for, but I don't think it is getting the information from the slab edge which is my footing. Does anyone know if Revit includes this? If it does not, how do I include that?

Josh

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-19, 05:13 PM
I don't know, but you could check by copying the floor object to another level without the slab edges and comparing the volume of just the slab to the material takeoff value for the real slab and it's slab edges...

ford347
2007-07-19, 08:03 PM
I did what you suggested and I posted the results in this post. I see the difference. It is less on the first floor level because my slab edge is joined to the floor, so it is cutting the floor. ON the test level, it is more because I deleted the slab edge from the copied floor. But where is the slab edge itself? That's what I'm missing and how do I get it in there?

Thanks for the suggestion. That helped.

Josh

alan.144456
2007-08-04, 11:22 PM
i have a similar question to ask. i drew a concrete slab, and i want to calculate the cost of the concrete. when i created the takeoff and added material: name, volume, area, nothing showed up on the takeoff.

after clicking around in the edit folders, i clicked on help. there wasn't much that i could find in help except a list of variables. i clicked on tutorials, and found a tutorial on creating a takeoff, so i started that tutorial and it needed a template file, so i searched and didn't find that file anywhere, so i double-clicked on the 2 cab files that i found on autodesk website while searching for tutorial files. these .cab's had almost 1200 little files in them.

so i didn't find the file in that list either.

i'm wondering how to make the slab info appear in the takeoff.
and i'm wondering how to write a formula to calculate the volume of concrete.
i tried Material: Area / 27 but got an error.

it's been over 6 hours now, and i've already calculated the volume on paper with my head and a pencil. but i was hoping that i could get Revit to do it.