PDA

View Full Version : Multileader Text to the Left

Fatboy
2007-07-19, 09:07 PM
I have set up Multileader styles for adding text to our notes and I'm trying to convince my boss that they will be much easier to use that the old way of doing leaders. I have it set up so that if you pull the leader to the right, the landing centers on the top line of the mtext block and to the center of the bottom line of the block if you pull it to the left. The problem with the one to the left is that the landing stops at the "boundary" of the text block rather than just short of the text. So, if the text on the bottom line isn't sticking out farther than the rest of the text lines, there's a large gap between the text and the leader landing.

I think this is his biggest hang up to letting me go ahead with using these, and I think they are GREAT!!! Does anyone know of a setting to fix this problem?

Please help!!!!!

Tony

ccowgill
2008-11-12, 03:11 PM
I have set up Multileader styles for adding text to our notes and I'm trying to convince my boss that they will be much easier to use that the old way of doing leaders. I have it set up so that if you pull the leader to the right, the landing centers on the top line of the mtext block and to the center of the bottom line of the block if you pull it to the left. The problem with the one to the left is that the landing stops at the "boundary" of the text block rather than just short of the text. So, if the text on the bottom line isn't sticking out farther than the rest of the text lines, there's a large gap between the text and the leader landing.

I think this is his biggest hang up to letting me go ahead with using these, and I think they are GREAT!!! Does anyone know of a setting to fix this problem?

Please help!!!!!

TonyI take it that no one had ever found a solution to this problem. I have found a workaround, it is a little bit of a pain, maybe someone could help automate it, but if you specify a negative landing gap, it will actually allow text to extend under the leader line.

icbinr
2008-11-12, 05:26 PM
I think your workaround is as close as their is to a solution right now.

This has frustrated me for awhile now too. I just settled with having all the leaders be aligned to Middle of Top Line

Jonathan Pitt
2008-11-28, 11:00 AM
I have my text justified to the right for multileaders like that, is this not an option?

I unchecked the 'always justify left' box to get this.

ccowgill
2008-12-01, 01:36 PM
I have my text justified to the right for multileaders like that, is this not an option?

I unchecked the 'always justify left' box to get this.Our office standard is to always left justify our text, no matter what side of the leader it is on.

janisbored836304
2011-03-02, 04:52 PM
In Autocad 2011 you can change the multileader direction on the properties tool bar.

Select multileader text block, Right Click to Properties (or go to Properties tool bar)> under the TEXT section > LEFT ATTACHMENT / RIGHT ATTACHMENT > Choose Middle of Top Line (seems to be the one everyone wants)

Hopefully that works out for you.

edmartel
2013-04-15, 06:58 PM
Well I just found out that this is fixed in 2013.

MLeader (left justified) right attachment will now respect the gap setting.

Ed

In Autocad 2011 you can change the multileader direction on the properties tool bar.

Select multileader text block, Right Click to Properties (or go to Properties tool bar)> under the TEXT section > LEFT ATTACHMENT / RIGHT ATTACHMENT > Choose Middle of Top Line (seems to be the one everyone wants)

Hopefully that works out for you.