PDA

View Full Version : Raster Image trouble...

twiceroadsfool
2007-07-19, 09:13 PM
I know ive had this problem on at least three other occasions-

We have a Raster image were trying to put in our title block, and it comes in and (on the screen) it looks fine, there is no frame around it.

When we plot, however, we get a black line image frame around it. Ive tried the image as a .jpg, and ive tried it as a .bmp. Ive tried foreground, and background. I cant seem to remember what it is that causes this??

twiceroadsfool
2007-07-20, 02:44 AM
Tick Tick Tick, lol...

Okay, i even tried eliminating the background color on the image, thinking it was trying to differentiate between "white" and transparant. No dice.

I think it must be something in how the file came to be a bmp or jpg, but so far i cant track down the native PSD image.

NO ONE else has trouble with this?? LOL...

Ill try another printer tomorrow, see if i can rule that out...

dbaldacchino
2007-07-20, 03:21 AM
I've had the same issue on addendum borders where the company logo was a jpg. For some reason the same jpg on a full size sheet doesn't result in the same issue. I wonder if it is printer related....I'll run some tests at work tomorrow.

ws
2007-07-20, 08:00 AM
No, not seen that - my logo is a .jpg and prints without any border.

I have seen a thread in the Autocad discussion group which describes a similar-sounding problem and the suggestion is made that it only happens with HP plotters.

If you can bear to read the grumpy exchanges it's here:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=579498

twiceroadsfool
2007-07-20, 11:35 AM
Were on a Xerox 6050, so it cant just be HP units... Im heading in to the office now. If i get some free time today im going to play with it. I can call the plotter guy in and see if he can help me figure it out if we cant get it ourselves...

twiceroadsfool
2007-07-20, 12:32 PM
Figured it out.

If i leave the image in its native orientation... No frame. If i rotate the image IN Revit, the image gets a frame. Ive been rotating the raster image 90 degrees to get it on the titleblock. I rotated it back and it was fine.

So ill just create the image already rotated in PS, and call it a day. Interesting find though... Let me know if it doesnt his for anyone else!

ws
2007-07-20, 01:44 PM
Nice bit of detective work ;)

these things can drive you crazy...

I'll add it to my list of Revit oddities

I think you are right - as a test, I have just imported a .jpg into Revit, rotated it and printed it to a Canon i9950 printer..

and the right and bottom edges have a line drawn coincident with the edge of the image.

However if I plot to pdf first and then print the pdf, the lines do not appear.

SCShell
2007-07-20, 02:34 PM
Hey there,
That is funny. When I first read your original thread, I thought, "hmm, never seen that one",
Then, you found the answer and I said, "hmmmm, that explains why I have a vertical JPG version of my logo saved in my original files!!!! Always wondered why I did that?"
I must have had the same problem and solution back when I started Revit.

Great find
Steve

dbaldacchino
2007-07-20, 04:00 PM
Hmmm that's not the reason in my case and it's been happening to me when I do PDFs. So mine is a separate issue...I'll have to try a png instead of a jpg and see if that works better. Thanks for the tip though, I'm sure it'll come in handy!

EDIT: Yep, it was the jpg. I replaced the logo with a png and printed a PDF (ScanSoft PDF Create!) and the resulting pdf has no outline around the image.

twiceroadsfool
2007-07-20, 05:48 PM
Hmmm that's not the reason in my case and it's been happening to me when I do PDFs. So mine is a separate issue...I'll have to try a png instead of a jpg and see if that works better. Thanks for the tip though, I'm sure it'll come in handy!

EDIT: Yep, it was the jpg. I replaced the logo with a png and printed a PDF (ScanSoft PDF Create!) and the resulting pdf has no outline around the image.

We have similar issues with Plotting to PDF as well. Our vertical logo is now fine when we plot to the 6050, but depending ont he PDF plotter we use, we get varying results going to PDF. Adobe, PDFwriter 4.2 (i know, i know), CutePDF, and Distiller all are touch and go depending on the logos we use, lol...

Baldwin_4-6-0
2007-07-20, 07:59 PM
I've had the Raster's(jpg's) print one day and then the next they don't print and never do they print again, so I just don't use them.

I will try the png to see how it works for me.