PDA

View Full Version : Base Constraint

mmaxwell
2007-07-19, 10:25 PM
I have set up a multiple building project. I have set up scope box's, levels (have been assigned to scope box) and work sets for each building. When starting a new command for a element, it is assigned to that buildings level, but when I copy the element the base constraint is changed to a different level (Most of the buildings have the same finish floor elevation). I have checked out the view properties of each view and they are assigned to the correct level (non editable greyed out). Is there another option to set to have copied elements within the view to keep the same base constraint?

Firmso
2007-07-19, 11:12 PM
When using 'Copy to Clipboard', you have to copy from ground floor to another ground floor level (not ground floor to second floor) or roof level to roof level. objects copied to another level will carry on the level base point it is placed .

I hope this helps

mmaxwell
2007-07-19, 11:17 PM
When using 'Copy to Clipboard', you have to copy from ground floor to another ground floor level (not ground floor to second floor) or roof level to roof level. objects copied to another level will carry on the level base point it is placed .

I hope this helps

I understand that Firmso, but to clear it up, I am talking about clicking an element, then clicking the copy command after it becomes active and copying the element to the next room within the same view.

aaronrumple
2007-07-20, 01:14 PM
It sounds like you have two levels very close to each other or at the same elevation...? In this instance Revit will use the level created first in the project all the time. Not the desired action and worth submitting to Support....

mmaxwell
2007-07-20, 02:07 PM
It sounds like you have two levels very close to each other or at the same elevation...? In this instance Revit will use the level created first in the project all the time. Not the desired action and worth submitting to Support....

Thanks. Going to let Support know about it.