PDA

View Full Version : elevations & enlarged plans

tim.101799
2007-07-20, 01:24 PM
Is there anyway to elevate things in enlarged plans?

Example: I have an enlarge 1/4" toilet plan. I want to place an elevation symbol in that enlarged plan to create elevations of my toilet. But while I am in the enlarged plan view, the elevation option is grayed out.

sbrown
2007-07-20, 01:36 PM
When you create the callout for the enlarged plan make sure the type properties is floor plan, NOT detail callout. For some reason they've coded them diff. so detail plans can't add elevation tags but floor plan callouts can.

aaronrumple
2007-07-20, 01:38 PM
You made a detail callout rather than a floor plan callout. Elevations can't be taken from details - only plans. You'll need to recreate the plan as a floor plan callout.

cadclips81126
2007-07-23, 08:50 PM
I think would start to use the new view tools > 'duplicate as a dependant' ....right. Then change the view scale, crop region and then place the elevation callouts in that view.

In case you haven't started using these new dependant view tools here's a couple links to some video tutorials to get you up to speed.

Plan application
http://revitrocks.blogspot.com/2007/05/revit-dependent-views-plan-aplication.html
Elevation application
http://revitrocks.blogspot.com/2007/05/all-revit-2008-products-can-take.html

DG
www.CADclips.com

ejc
2007-07-23, 10:26 PM
Dependant Views:
One thing to remember about dependant views is that they are NOT enlarged views. Dependant views and their parents must have the same scale!!!!

Detail Callouts:
I hate these things. Do they really have any value?
- No Elevations
-No Structural Columns
-etc.

Just wondering if anyone likes using "Detail" callouts?

Thanks,

ejc

Scott D Davis
2007-07-23, 10:36 PM
Detail Callouts:
I hate these things. Do they really have any value?
yes, for.....details. Scenario: Floor Plan>Building Section>Wall Section via Callout>Detail Callout from Wall Section.

aaronrumple
2007-07-24, 01:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone likes using "Detail" callouts?

Plan views follow very specific rules. For instance - floors up to 4' below the plans level will show up in the view. Details are much more of a true cut. They can cut in plan and will only show what is within the cut and far extents. So for things like flashing details which should only look at a small fixed area - they are the ticket.