PDA

View Full Version : Label on wrong levels

Matt Brennan
2007-07-20, 04:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

Recently I made a island family that consisted of one label in it. When I insert the family into our project, I not only see the label on the level where the component was placed, but I also see it on the upper level and so on. I have seen this before in the previous releases of Revit but over the years, I thought this issue was addressed.

The weird thing is I have made another type of kitchen unit that has some labels in it (I applied them the same way I did with the corrupt family) and it works perfect in the project.

If this question does not make sense, please let me know and I will do my best explain it further in depth. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are applying for our IFC later today.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Brennan
2007-07-23, 03:44 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-23, 04:03 PM
Well, you might check the family to make sure it isn't somehow extending into the next level. I had this same problem on a family, and someone had drawn an invisible line in elevation up about 30 ' (I think they wanted 30") and it was causing the family to be cut in several levels...

ISA Proto
2014-06-02, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know if Autodesk is working on this? It is also a problem in the default Autodesk families for refrigerators and other equipment. It takes a while to clean up the views, and things like this are a problem in Revit as the design develops. If items with labels are added and removed, you have to go through all of the views every time before presenting them to clients, contractors, etc.

Another thread on this issue
http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?action=viewthread&thread_id=29710