PDA

View Full Version : Revit Training

rhayes.99001
2007-07-23, 11:37 AM
Where is the best Place to Start Revit Training.???
Still using ADT and looking to make the switch...

cdetore
2007-07-23, 01:15 PM
Rich,

It has not been easy for us to find good instructors, but we have found that the instructors with an architecture background have been the best bet. Try to interview as many as possible to get a feel for their style. Straight-out-of-the-book instruction has not been successful for us.

We do about half of the instruction in-house and half with outside trainers and always try to have additional session for more in depth topics.

We highly encourage people to use the "Getting Started" guide (listed under the Help menu) to get a feel for the program. It is a gross oversimplification of the program but at least they can get their feet wet quickly.

Next we suggest using the tutorials. These are pretty good, but you should have someone available to answer questions that will pop up.

Most importantly, it is essential to get users exposure to real project work. Experience is the best teacher for most people by far.

Best of luck,

CD

tc3dcad60731
2007-07-23, 03:47 PM
Well, as a differing view here I have found the tutorials, books, and ATP to be very useful. I taught myself how to use the program and then used the ATP classes to learn finer points. DGCADs videos are out of this world!!!

unfortunately, i do not have his website address handy. :(

BMcCallum
2007-07-23, 04:40 PM
Here's the link to the CAD Clips (http://cadclips.com/Index.htm) site.

Darryl's free stuff is a great resource for all users!

dhurtubise
2007-07-23, 05:41 PM
Where is the best Place to Start Revit Training.???
Still using ADT and looking to make the switch...

You should consider hiring a good consultant. Paul Aubin is in the Chicago area and Steve Stafford travel a lot

cadclips81126
2007-07-23, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys.

I will be adding more REVIT Training Video Tutorials to the www.CADclips.com site over the next couple weeks.

If you have any suggested topics, drop me an email at the link provided in the 'release schedule' posting.

DG