PDA

View Full Version : Mass distortion within a camera view

jevans.143611
2007-07-23, 05:27 PM
Hello All,

My question pertains to a 3D view created by a camera "see attachment". The image on the left is the view without the camera. As you can see the mass I have created is a sweep using a profile as well as voids. The image on the right is the mass in the camera view. The mass shows up as a vertical surface instead of a complex curve as it is shown in the left image. Is there a simple solution by adjusting some setting in the camera view or is there another way to create this mass? Thank you for your help!!!!!

jaberwok
2007-07-23, 08:52 PM
Hello All,

My question pertains to a 3D view created by a camera "see attachment". The image on the left is the view without the camera. As you can see the mass I have created is a sweep using a profile as well as voids. The image on the right is the mass in the camera view. The mass shows up as a vertical surface instead of a complex curve as it is shown in the left image. Is there a simple solution by adjusting some setting in the camera view or is there another way to create this mass? Thank you for your help!!!!!

A shorter focal length lens (semi "fish-eye") might help as it gives the sort of distortion to vertical surfaces that is similar to your true surface. ~shrugs~ Not ideal, I know.

blads
2007-07-24, 12:01 AM
G'day jevans.143611

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Forum Feedback (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Cheers, Bill

Forum Moderator