PDA

View Full Version : Returns for handrails

ihammerhands
2004-08-03, 04:01 PM
Need 2 railing types to get the handrail and guardrail then an additional component to make the return. Is there a better way? In reality I need to add the final return to take the handrail back to the guardrail post. See attached file.

Millard

J. Grouchy
2004-08-03, 08:07 PM
I'm having the same problem. I can get the guardrail portion to return wonderfully (which I DON'T need)...but I can't get the handrail to return correctly (which I DO need).

cgrover
2004-08-03, 09:04 PM
I agree, I'm having a similar problem with my railings. Any help would be appreciated.

grover

Allen Lacy
2004-08-03, 09:20 PM
This is a railing return that was included in some sample stairs and rails from the Factory. It is used as a starting or ending baluster. You might be able to change this to make it for your rails.

J. Grouchy
2004-08-04, 01:40 PM
I knew about that extension...but to be honest I don't know how to modify it to my purpose. I can't find the family buried anywhere in the project or in the File Library.

David Conant
2004-08-04, 02:15 PM
Try these families as a basis. I did them very quickly so they may not be parameterized in the way that best suits your exact usage. They show how to make an end post with returns for a handrail that has been offset inside the railing path. Note the use of two different end posts to get the correct return orientation at each end.
To get families, open RVT file, right click on post name in the project browser and select Save.

Steven Campbell
2004-08-04, 02:29 PM
I can't find the family buried anywhere in the project or in the File Library.
You can find the families in the subscription library under balusters.
http://revit.autodesk.com/library.asp

Steven Campbell
Autodesk Revit

sarah.auffet
2004-12-07, 03:02 PM
have you made a handrail return for a typ handrail rather than the curved "loop" rail you have shown here?

Bill McLees
2006-06-23, 04:15 AM
Here is a handrail with returns if it is useful to anyone.

sbrown
2006-06-23, 01:10 PM
The extendsion family with the handrail bracket should be modified by the factory(or by the user) to move the bracket to the middle of the horiz. part of the extension. They don't usually install the bracket at the intersection of the slope and the horizontal, in my limited experience.

Never mind there is allready a family with a start offset parameter on the downloads page. Good job factory!!!

jadams.115027
2006-07-20, 08:44 PM
Here is a handrail with returns if it is useful to anyone.

This is perfect for what I need!!!
I can't seem to find anything on joining separate handrails.
Do they need to be hosted to the same component?
Where can I find more information on how to generate better stairs graphically? I'm having a very difficult time using the tables.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.