PDA

View Full Version : Massing - Wall by Face question

sfraney
2007-07-24, 08:27 PM
Hi everyone,
I've attached an image showing a concept model im working on, using the mass tools, I've got my concept model to where i need to be but the issue im having is that i can not seem to tell this pesky wall to follow the curve roof line, instead, when i apply the wall to the face, it extends way past the roof line. I thought just editing the wall profile could fix the problem but this is not an available option from the toolbar. Any ideas? Thx.

Calvn_Swing
2007-07-24, 09:49 PM
Because the wall is curved in plan, you're stuck with a flat top. I think the most recent fix I heard about was to make a void to cut it off.

I assume you've tried attaching it to the roof element on the curved roof surface to no avail? You might try that first.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to have this problem yet in Revit...

sfraney
2007-07-24, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I tried connecting it to the roof earlier but to no avail. This is just a concept model so realistically the roof, and most likely the wall, will never be built this way. Thanks, I'll try voiding the wall if possible.

jeffh
2007-07-25, 12:52 AM
.... I think the most recent fix I heard about was to make a void to cut it off......

Using a void to edit the profile of the wall is the solution in this case. There is a knowledgebase article on this subject. TS78617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3822646&linkID=9243099

Hope this helps.

sfraney
2007-07-25, 01:52 PM
Aye, thank you.