PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall mullion

Kroke
2007-07-24, 11:49 PM
Hey guys,

I can't seem to load or even create a mullion profile. Well I can create a mullion profile but every time I click "MULLION" in my project it says "No curtain wall mullions family are loaded into this project, would you like to load one? Y/N"

I click yes, and browse into the "/Profiles/Curtain Wall/Curtain Wall Mullion-Rectangular-Side-Bottom_Left.rfa" (there are 3 files by default there...) Load it up and get the message "Family is not of the correct category". It does the same thing after I make a new Curtain Mullion Profile family. Egads!!!

Please, for the love of God can someone help meh? ;)

funkman
2007-07-25, 12:08 AM
hey Kroke,

I believe you have to firstly edit/create new from a standard profile and select the loaded the mullion type in the resulting properties profile box.

HTH

Kroke
2007-07-25, 04:27 PM
hey Kroke,

I believe you have to firstly edit/create new from a standard profile and select the loaded the mullion type in the resulting properties profile box.

HTH

Funkman...
If this is true (it did say this in the help file btw), then I am in trouble. At some point in time, I took my template that I've used over the years and have purged the standard profile evidently that is loaded into the default project.

I guess I can try to find/use a default template so I can copy/paste that first one back into my project and go from there.

I'll give it a try...thanks.

cdetore
2007-07-25, 07:02 PM
Try to copy/paste a length of curtain wall from another file, or "Transfer Project Standards" from another file (even an OOTB file should work).

CD

Kroke
2007-07-25, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys, I found the default template and drew a curtain w/ mullion then copy/pasted it, it worked. Now onto the renderings.... :D