PDA

View Full Version : Rotate sweep

r.vetrano
2007-07-25, 02:50 PM
Hi
Still trying to solve family problem. Trying to attack from another direction.
I create a sweep, but instead of using a profile I use sketch profile. Problem is now I don't get a parameter for angle and I can't seem to get angle to work. Any help would be appreciated

bob v

Jshaver
2007-07-25, 04:23 PM
Bob,

Can you provide a screenshot of the sketch you are trying to use? You will need to create a parameter manually for the angle and constrain the other elements to follow suit.

Thanks,
-Jeff

r.vetrano
2007-07-25, 07:08 PM
Jeff
Thanks for the reply.

Using Genric Model line based.rfa
draw a sweep
draw my profile but no matter where I place my constrants I can not get it to Rotate. I've drawn reference lines, no reference lines.

If I insert a pe-existing profile then the sweep has an Angle parameter. Using an existing profile creates problems when I try to make a catalog. The catalog can't go back far enough to read the profile.

I've been on this for almost aweek now. I've tried starting with existing families. As with anything that comes with a program it just won't do what you to do.

Again thanks for the response.

bob v

Jshaver
2007-07-26, 11:45 AM
Bob,

Thanks for the screenshots. You are correct the angle parameter will only be visible on the options bar when using profiles in a sweep family. Can you describe what the end result is going to be? I can not tell from the sketch what exactly your trying to create.
I think a external profile is the way to go regardless of this families function. They generally behave better and are easier to constrain in a solid sweep than just sketching the profile.

-Jeff

r.vetrano
2007-07-26, 02:48 PM
Jeff
I have a catalog with profiles of various sizes for the same object. When I create a family and use the profile there is no problem. However, can not get the profile parameters to read in the family. I know this can be done because if I look at C-Channel the profile will adjust inside the family. I just can't seem to get it to work.

Then I want to make a catalog of the family but since profile doesn't carry through it doesn't work. i have to create individual families.

Trying to a metal stud.

bob v

Jshaver
2007-07-27, 11:41 AM
Bob,

Can you verify that you are duplicating the parameters in your sweep family that are present in the profile family and assigning them to the nested profiles?

Once you have the profile loaded in, find it in the project browser and select its properties. You will need to click on the grey box in each parameter and assign it one from your sweep family. This will sync your sweep family with the nested profile.

See attached image.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,
-Jeff