PDA

View Full Version : simple excel style schedule

Maximillian
2007-07-25, 06:22 PM
I'm sure this has been covered before but I have some costs that I want to input into a blank schedule and have it totaled . Is this possible ? If so what kind of schedule to I start with? I don't understand keys but I have a feeling thats what I need to use?

Justin Marchiel
2007-07-25, 07:05 PM
so you just want a schedule where you can manually input values and have the schedule report the values (and none of the parameter are associated with model components?). you could create some project parameters and associate them with an used catagory (like maybe air terminals). you would have to add some of thes itmes in your project but you could create them on a phase that is before existing. then schdule those parameters and use the schedule to calculate the totals.

I dont think you can scheudle and calculate values for items that do not exist.

Keys are used when you have multiple items that should schedule the same (such as room finish schedule where there are offices that have the exact same finishes).

Justin

Maximillian
2007-07-25, 07:32 PM
I thought it might be a bit to complex. I find myself using revit to try to do everything, and I almost can. i keep all my project notes to myself, programming info and cost info in a drafting view. I was hoping there was an easy way to basically have a blank schedule for my own calcs.

Thank you for confirming

ijnicholas
2007-07-25, 08:30 PM
Yes, you can use the schedule keys. You dont have to have the objects present currently in the model to create schedule keys.
1. Create a new schedule key of an object that you might never schedule (We use curtain systems)
2. Create new project parameters within the Schedule key Fields tab. (we name the parameter with a two letter prefix to identify that this is dummy schedule parameter like "FL-" for finish legend. Finish schedule key.
3. This schedule key gets a nice "New" button to add new rows! Also if you dont delete the default "key name" parameter, it adds rows in ascending order. We hide this column but use it to sort

hth