PDA

View Full Version : Room Tag with room size

david.metcalf
2004-08-03, 10:38 PM
Should there be a room tag with visiblity set to show the room's size?

I checked the tags properties and could not finad a specfic setting since the area and perimeter of the tag exist. Logic says the room size should be simple as tuning on the display in visiblity in the view or floor plan.

Thaks!
David

jbalding48677
2004-08-03, 11:30 PM
David -

This has been a long standing request; however, there is no real simple solution as room dimensions can not always be automatically calculated. I.e. in an "L" shaped room, or a pentagon, octagon, circular, etc. If there is no "one" solution, Revit could not guarantee accuracy.

HTH -

mlgatzke
2004-08-03, 11:30 PM
This would require a custom annotation family for the room tag. I've attached one that I have. It's fairly simple, but you can modify it to meet your needs. As Jim said, there isn't anything that will solve all needs, but this might "work" for you.

david.metcalf
2004-08-03, 11:43 PM
Thank you guys,

A automatic value from the widest points at the vertical and Horizational reference point will be "good enough for gvt work" approach. I am coming from ADT and we have this approach, not ideal but then we can change the feil information. Again thanks!

David

david.metcalf
2004-08-03, 11:57 PM
On this topic, can I create a field name and add a Room Dimension field to show in a shedule? Can I extract the ceiling height from the room to the schedule? I have been using ADT's room styles so pardon me while I become Revitized!

jbalding48677
2004-08-04, 12:26 AM
Yes, quick response is look up Shared Parameters, that is the key to labeling them in a family and scheduling them.

david.metcalf
2004-08-04, 12:35 AM
Thank you very much for the topic to lookup on this.

beegee
2004-08-04, 01:07 AM
For more discussion on how this might work, READ HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1448&highlight=room+size).