PDA

View Full Version : DWG link - any way to send back behind color fill or clip somehow?

fstafek
2007-07-26, 08:30 PM
Hello everybody,
is there any way to send linked DWG file back behind color scheme or clip it somehow?

If I have it linked in current view, background option doesn't work / color fill is behind regardless foreground/background setting of colorfill.

Or some way to clip the dwg would work for me as well, but this way it clips REVIT model geometry as well, no way to control draworder this way...

Any hint or tip?

Regards Frantisek Stafek.

ejc
2007-07-27, 05:51 PM
I assume when you say background, you are referring to the foreground vs background!

If you are using 2008, you could "Hide in View". If you want only part of the CAD file hidden you could try using a floor to hide the area you want.

Another Idea is to split up your cad file into 2 files. 1 that shows what you want, and the other to be turned off in this specific view. This would allow all of the cad data to still be available.

Or, you could have 1 cad file and you could segregate with layers, then turn off the unwanted layers with the "Query" button.

Hope this helps.

ejc

dhurtubise
2007-07-27, 06:29 PM
you could use a duplicate of the view, hide all Revit element and crop your DWG. Then overlay thise view on a sheet

fstafek
2007-07-27, 06:55 PM
Thanks, that's exactly what I've done - overlayed two views.

But aparantly this is strange behaviour. Because when the color fill is none, and view stays hidden-line, than the linked dwg (only in current view imported) is hidden by the floor slabs. When the color scheme is switched on it shows on top. Really weired logic.

Thanks, Frantisek Stafek