PDA

View Full Version : How do I built a wall monted handrail

Wagurto
2004-08-04, 02:13 AM
I have and exit stair, and by default revit built a two railings one at each side, but what i need is just one side and the oder side will be a handrail on the wall any suggestions please.
Thanks

nrenfro
2004-08-04, 02:30 AM
Is the question how to build a wall mounted handrail, or is it how to make one side into a wall mounted handrail and the other side a freestanding rail?

Scott D Davis
2004-08-04, 03:21 AM
This is gonna get into an area that would be best explained by the "How to create custom railings" tutorial, but here goes:

When you create a stair, and Revit automcatically adds railing to both sides, these railings are defined by the same properties.....but they don't have to be! Select the railing that is to become a handrail along the wall, go to Properties>Edit/New>Duplicate> and then Rename your new railing. Now comes the tougher part, which is gonna take some pratice or a tutorial....you can now edit this railing to be a hand rail only at what ever height you'd like and then you can even create custom 'ballusters' that are the handrail attachment hardware set at what ever spacing you need. (A balluster family does not have to be a 'balluster' in the traditional sense!)

any ways....without really explaing the entire process, (i'll leave that to the tutorial) that's it in a nutshell!