PDA

View Full Version : Irregular ramp

nextvkin
2007-07-30, 10:57 AM
Hello,
I have an imported dwg of a ramp with 3D contours and I'm trying to draw it in Revit. How would I go about it? Please see attached.
TIA
Kay

ws
2007-07-30, 07:20 PM
I have seen it suggested that ramps can be done with the stair tool in Revit - that's also the way I have done this sort of thing in Nemetschek Allplan, but not had a chance to try it in Revit yet.

Justin Marchiel
2007-07-30, 08:05 PM
you could use a blend and sweeps to make this ramp work. it will take some fiddling, but i have done some similar type work and it turns out ok.

Justin

nextvkin
2007-07-31, 02:32 AM
Does that mean I can't use the ramp tool for this sort of ramp?

winnwgomez
2007-07-31, 06:53 AM
hi nextvkin

Is this ramp, part of a terrain? if yes, use the site tool and use use points by selecting imported instance. Cut out what you dont need using split surface.

Hope it helps! i'm attaching the file with the 'ramp'

Justin, could you outline how we could use blends and sweeps to generate this? thought a bit about it, but didnt get any idea how to do it!!

thanks

nextvkin
2007-07-31, 08:53 AM
Hey winnwgomez,
That's exactly how I did it the first time around except I didn't know about the cutting bit. Thanks for the tip!

Justin Marchiel
2007-07-31, 03:20 PM
another way to do it is to create a mass (which is easy since you already have a surface to go by) then apply a floor by face. no it is not really a ramp, but who says you can't create sub catagories in floor to control the visibility?

I find that a lot of tools available in Revit are suited for different families. it is more of how do i show the information as opposed to what it the correct tool to use.

Justin

nextvkin
2007-08-01, 02:40 AM
You're right Justin, I'll give that a try too. Thanks.

winnwgomez
2007-08-01, 04:01 AM
Hi Justin

could you elaborate a bit on how to use the surface to generate a mass? i tried, but didnt succeed.

thanks

Winn

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-01, 10:54 PM
it has been some time since i did this so some of the steps might not be correct, but this is how i remeber doing it.

1. make a new family (mass).
2. while in the family editor import the cadd drawing (in 3d).
3. complete the family
4. make a floor by mass and select the mass you just created with the import 3d info.

That should be about it. once again i am going by memory, but it should point you in the right direction.

Justin