PDA

View Full Version : wall wtih "colombage" (half-timbering ?)

gravelin
2004-08-04, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure of the translation (is it the right word ?)

What is the best practice to realize this type of wall ?
I create a structure family (poteau porteur : look at the picture to localize in the menu I don't know the name of the component in english Revit) and insert and attach them in the wall.

PeterJ
2004-08-04, 04:29 PM
'Colombage' translates, apparently, as half-timbered. Odd since 'colombophilie' translates as pigeon-fancying.

I have produced modern buildings with a half timbered appearance using placed families that can be horizontal, vertical or at an angle. They work well enough and can be screw fixed in place over a rubbed brick or a cut block. If you want to go down that route whereby form and function are but distant cousins I can supply the relevant families, they render correctly and look right in elevation.

If you need something taht actually cuts right through the timber as your model shows then it looks as though you are going about the right way. The only other possible solution might be to look at using the curtain wall tool, with mullions representing the timber pieces, though how you achieve the angled ones is a more complex consideration.

MikeJarosz
2004-08-04, 05:33 PM
'Colombage' translates, apparently, as half-timbered. Odd since 'colombophilie' translates as pigeon-fancying.

I.

It's "Fachwerk" in german!!