PDA

View Full Version : Spandrel Windows

jcoe
2007-08-01, 02:18 PM
How would one go about creating spandrel windows. The window does not need to cut the full depth of the wall system, just the face material.

I thought about using a curtain wall with an in-place void, but the curtainwall frame/ mullions are much to different than the window units already in place.

The window itself will only cut the full depth of the wall system. I thought about creating a face material as a wall type separate from the backup material for the spandrel location. This way the window will only cut through the face material, but I'm not convinced this is the best approach.

dhurtubise
2007-08-01, 02:48 PM
If it.s going to be a window, create a window family. It will ease the scheduling process.
As far as cutting only part of the wall, simply delete the opening and use a void attach to a ref plane to control the depth.
Build the rest as usual

jcoe
2007-08-01, 06:55 PM
If it.s going to be a window, create a window family. It will ease the scheduling process.
As far as cutting only part of the wall, simply delete the opening and use a void attach to a ref plane to control the depth.
Build the rest as usual
Excellent suggestion. Thanks for the input.

dhurtubise
2007-08-02, 11:32 AM
Always a pleasure, post back if you have issue.