PDA

View Full Version : Door header visibility in Ceiling Plans

kkw
2007-08-01, 08:02 PM
Hello, new user here.

How do I 'see' door headers in the Ceiling Plan view? I know I have to override something in VG/model categories/doors. I just don't know exactly how to do this.

kkw

aaronrumple
2007-08-01, 08:35 PM
Revit's default cut plane for ceilings is 7'-6". I suggest you change that to something between 4' - 6'.

kkw
2007-08-01, 09:06 PM
excellent, thanks!

cphubb
2007-08-01, 10:31 PM
Also try putting symbolic lines in the ceiling plan of your door families. You will only need the jamb lines to show that.

chrislamb77
2007-09-17, 04:06 PM
I too am having difficulty seeing my headers in the ceiling plan. My situation is this: I have a 7-3/4" wall w/ 1/4" waynes coat on one side. There exists a 24" door in this wall. This 24" door is demo and a 36" door is taking its place. So the problem is I only see half of the header in in my ceiling plan view. My existing/demo view shows everything fine. My new construction view shows everything fine. Even stranger is the half header that I see in my ceiling plan changes as I zoom in and out. So if I zoom in just right everything will show up fine on my screen. However if I print I am still missing half the header.

I have tried all of the solutions mentioned above with no success. I also have other instances of this throughout the project w/ no display problems. And worse I can't seem to recreate it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

chrislamb77
2007-09-21, 04:04 PM
About to do the dreaded export to cad and fix. I hate that!

chrislamb77
2007-09-27, 04:00 PM
Still having trouble with the viewing of my headers. I have come to the conclusion that it is a phase issue. In the attached drawing I have placed a small 2' door in a wall and demo it. I then place a new 3' door right on top of it. As you can see in the ceiling plan the edges of the "new" header will not show. Again graphics inconsistent, if I zoom in, the lines for the header will appear and disappear, however they will not plot. This is a consistent problem with five separate projects I am working on with Revit. I would submit the views as separate rvt files but the problem fixes itself when I do this. I am at a loss.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

chrislamb77
2007-10-02, 07:56 PM
Finally got a view export to show the problems I am having. Please help!!!