PDA

View Full Version : Wall wrap in section

L Wood
2007-08-01, 11:16 PM
Does anyone have advice on how to make an exterior masonry wall wrap in section around the sill of a window. Or how to make a wall wrap around a recessed portion of a wall in section?

It would be cool if I could figure out how to manipulate the wall family to do it automatically...

Thanks a bunch!

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-01, 11:22 PM
in your window family you can make a reference plane that will act as the return for a portion of wall (in the family look for a check box in the reference plane properties that says "wall closure"). unfortunetly i believe that the reference plane will only work for the jambs. you will need to make something in the family to act as your head or sill return. or you could create a sweep, in place family, generic model, etc.

Justin

So What
2012-11-02, 10:19 AM
If it's only on an instance basis or only for one single detail to do, you could try 'Cut profile', under the View tab.

So What
2012-11-02, 10:34 AM
Alternatively add a rectangular wall sweep in the wall's type properties. This, unlike my previous suggestion, is not on an instance basis and works all around, provided all your windows sills are at the same height... Hope that helps.