PDA

View Full Version : Profile Labels and Profiles in General

mark45
2007-08-02, 02:11 AM
How do I add the VSD or SSD labels to the profiles? I would base them on the AASHTO values. Also, how do you change the attributes for the existing and proposed ground/grade elevations, such as number of digits to the right of the decimal? Is this part of the profile or part on the band? Is there a way to make the text sizes absolute since all of the viewports will be the same scale. This program is wearing me out.... I am a recent convert from Geopak

Thanks for your help

Mark
Roanoke Virginia

ekubaskie
2007-08-02, 04:09 AM
Mark, I could type for the next hour or ten and get you started, but you'd probably freak when you got the bill.

You're here. You're posting. I figure that means you're an AUGI member? Get back out to the front page and start checking out the stuff available from the AU class downloads section.

Are you on subscription? If no, slap your boss around. If yes, get onto the subscription site and dig into the eLearning modules.

And it can't hurt to whine to the boss about how great it would be to go to AU 2007 and get some training on the specific parts you can't figure out. Yeah, it's in Vegas, and theres beer action at night, but there's hardcore learning during the day.

In all the above places, your questions tell me you should focus on STYLES.

There's also a bunch of blogs & sites out there. Google "Angel Espinosa" and "Dana Probert" for some of the absolute best - and their sites have links to many others!

mark45
2007-08-03, 01:45 AM
Thanks for your advice. I used softdesk years ago and then migrated to Geopak and Microstation. Now I am back to using Autocad products. I did get my employer to send me to AOTC Essentials and it was useless. The instructor was more interested in the Google features, mapping, and plan production. I was more interested in the Essentials. I will turn to the internet sites you mentioned. Thanks again

Mark

dmb.159134
2008-02-11, 09:16 PM
Mark, I could type for the next hour or ten and get you started, but you'd probably freak when you got the bill.

You're here. You're posting. I figure that means you're an AUGI member? Get back out to the front page and start checking out the stuff available from the AU class downloads section.

Are you on subscription? If no, slap your boss around. If yes, get onto the subscription site and dig into the eLearning modules.

And it can't hurt to whine to the boss about how great it would be to go to AU 2007 and get some training on the specific parts you can't figure out. Yeah, it's in Vegas, and theres beer action at night, but there's hardcore learning during the day.

In all the above places, your questions tell me you should focus on STYLES.

There's also a bunch of blogs & sites out there. Google "Angel Espinosa" and "Dana Probert" for some of the absolute best - and their sites have links to many others!

Is there going to be an AU 2008?

brian.hailey933139
2008-02-12, 02:40 AM
Is there going to be an AU 2008?

Yes. .