PDA

View Full Version : 45 degree angle on room and area (marker)

D_Driver
2007-08-02, 04:10 AM
Here is a strange request...

I have a client that hates the 45 degree lines that appear when you hover over a room or area and insists that these be 90 degrees instead of 45... you know those lines that appear when you turn on the room reference.

While I have a feeling he is pulling my leg, it is such a simple request I thought I would through it out to the community for response.

Chad Smith
2007-08-02, 05:06 AM
Hmmmmm, ok :roll:. Since no-one else has said anything, I'll say I don't know of anyway to change it, and I don't think Autodesk would even bother putting it on their wishlist.

tomnewsom
2007-08-02, 09:56 AM
Good grief! What a client :)
Do they have any other odd requests, like all construction notes to be in haiku form?

The autumn wind comes
To shake the tiles of the roof
Fasten with long nail

twiceroadsfool
2007-08-02, 12:32 PM
Good grief! What a client :)
Do they have any other odd requests, like all construction notes to be in haiku form?

The autumn wind comes
To shake the tiles of the roof
Fasten with long nail

LOL! Id imagine the closest you could come is a custom room tag that has the lines in the other direction, but it wouldnt be able to reach the boundaries...

dhurtubise
2007-08-02, 12:33 PM
Here is a strange request...

I have a client that hates the 45 degree lines that appear when you hover over a room or area and insists that these be 90 degrees instead of 45... you know those lines that appear when you turn on the room reference.

While I have a feeling he is pulling my leg, it is such a simple request I thought I would through it out to the community for response.

Don't waste time, get a new client ;-)

aaronrumple
2007-08-02, 01:13 PM
Don't give him the Revit file.

dfriesen
2007-08-02, 05:09 PM
Don't waste time, get a new client ;-)Indeed. Next he's going to ask you to keep your coffee mug handle straight to the right.

Steve_Stafford
2007-08-02, 07:52 PM
Indeed. Next he's going to ask you to keep your coffee mug handle straight to the right.and the label should always face the front door or signage. Interesting situation David :wink:

D_Driver
2007-08-05, 04:54 PM
Ahhh yess....

well, I think the issue is really in moving from an environment where one has control over almost everything to one in which we save countless hours of either:
a) preventing our users from modifying everything
or
b) trying to debug their system when they do

thanks for the Haiku :)

DdDD

DaveP
2007-08-06, 06:01 PM
How about if you hold your monitor at 45 degrees?