PDA

View Full Version : Publish DWF with Layers from Revit?

cknight.138477
2007-08-02, 03:32 PM
Hello all! I am a new Revit user and have had some troubles with the Publish to DWF aspect of the program. I haven't found a lot of info about this in the Help menus, so I am hoping somebody out there may have the answer . . . I am trying to find information on how to Publish DWFs with Layers from Revit. If this is even possible, please fill me in on what you know. If a dwf file recognizes layers, then you can turn them on and off within the dwf file. We would like to be able to give our consultants dwf files with layers, so that they can turn layers on and off as they need, but not be able to change the drawings as they would be able to do with an autocad file. The only way I have been able to find that could give me a dwf file with layers is by exporting the Revit file to autocad, then creating a dwf from autocad. I'd rather just Publish the dwf with layers directly from Revit.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
cynthia

cdetore
2007-08-02, 03:55 PM
You could you create a set of (duplicate) views for the purpose of exporting and set the visibility the way you want it for the consultant. Create a view template and apply it to each of the other views needed (other levels, etc) . That way you will have a consistent look on all the exported files. Keep the view for future exports so you don't have to go through setting it up again.

The "Import/Export Settings" is really just a way to control what layers the project's object styles will end up on (as well as their colors). It is not really a filter for what information will or will not export.

Hope that helps.

CD

mnisbett
2008-03-06, 04:00 PM
Did you find an answer yet? I need to do the same thing, and I don't want to export to AutoCad and then to a DWF file. I've been messing around with the export layers but it
states this only works with DXF, DWG, and DGN files. I managed to get one layer called default in a DWF file from Revit, but I don't know where it came from. It turns off room tags, and the color legend, weird? I'm not sure if there is an answer yet.
I'll keep looking in the meantime.
Mark

fernando
2008-03-07, 02:43 AM
From Revit export do an DWG file, with the layers standard that you prefer, than use DWGTruView to publish the DWG file to an DWF file. It works fine with me, and i donĀ“t have to use ACAD to do that.