PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Consultants

Gael
2007-08-02, 03:41 PM
I am looking at hiring a Consultant for C3D training. Any suggestions? Things to watch out for?

Ogre
2007-08-02, 04:33 PM
I am looking at hiring a Consultant for C3D training. Any suggestions? Things to watch out for?
Usually your reseller can help you with training...See what they can provide...

Gael
2007-08-07, 05:55 PM
I am kind of getting shy or reseller education at this point....At least for C3D.
C3D requires a lot of up front work and a total change in using the software. Reseller education is canned and so when you are done and you go back to the office nothing ever seems to fit quite right. I am looking at hiring Michael Farrell to do a company wide training. Anyone have any comments as to Mr. Farrell's training abilities?

Ogre
2007-08-07, 05:57 PM
I am kind of getting shy or reseller education at this point....At least for C3D.
C3D requires a lot of up front work and a total change in using the software. Reseller education is canned and so when you are done and you go back to the office nothing ever seems to fit quite right. I am looking at hiring Michael Farrell to do a company wide training. Anyone have any comments as to Mr. Farrell's training abilities?
There are some resellers that will come out to your site, gather information on what you do and create a training program based on the gathered information...Avatech does it...

As for Mr. Farrell, I do not know...Sorry...

Gael
2007-08-07, 06:03 PM
There are two trainers that I use in my area Cadapult (Rick Ellis) and PPI. Rick does a great job and when I worked for the county I had Rick come and do about 5 sets of 3 day training. I have also done classes with PPI. But to get a company rolling w/ projects going on and doing all the setup needed and getting everyone on the same platform (not to mention getting everyone onto autocad....I am plagued with Terramodel too)...it is all a bit overwhelming. Mr. Farrell has offered to help write styles and train the whole office and says we will be semi functioning when he leaves w/ on going support. It sounds great. So I am wondering if anyone else has used him. I have talked to a couple people from another website who liked him, but I guess I casty my net out a bit further....

jaberwok
2007-08-07, 06:57 PM
From his time here and on other autodesk-related groups, it is obvious that Mike Farrell has a lot of knowledge.

Gael
2007-08-07, 07:36 PM
From his time here and on other autodesk-related groups, it is obvious that Mike Farrell has a lot of knowledge.

Thanks for the thought.....

BrenBren
2007-08-07, 08:01 PM
There are some resellers that will come out to your site, gather information on what you do and create a training program based on the gathered information...Avatech does it...

As for Mr. Farrell, I do not know...Sorry...So does Imagineit, as far as I know.

Gael
2007-08-07, 08:29 PM
Yes, I have taken classes w/ imagenit but again, I really don't wan't canned education...
For the same reason as PPI and Cadapult, don't get me wrong all three offer very good classes. I think Rick Ellis is a great instructor and I have worked with him quite a bit.