PDA

View Full Version : Partial Site Plan Visibility!

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 04:17 PM
I have an imported 2d site plan from a.cad into my file...
The topo lines are shown going through the building...

I've tried the foreground/background button, as well as the bring to back/front buttons... tried adjusting the view range (with no luck...)

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Justin Marchiel
2007-08-02, 04:26 PM
what level is the import located at? is it at a level above your plan?

also are your floors turned on? if not anything below could show thru.

Justin

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 04:29 PM
what level is the import located at? is it at a level above your plan?

also are your floors turned on? if not anything below could show thru.

JustinThe floors are on; and the import doesn't have a level? (under the element properties any way...)
but it must've been brought in onto the floor plan its showing...

dbaldacchino
2007-08-02, 04:34 PM
It must have been imported/linked into current view only, which makes it behave as annotation I guess. That's why you don't have a level parameter. Remove the link and relink again, making sure it's linked as a model element (uncheck "current view only" option). Now you can change it's level so make sure it's set on something belowyour floor slab so the countours are hidden.

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys! I'll be sure to give it a shot and let you know what happens!

Thanks again!

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 05:19 PM
Okay I re-imported the site plan... It was set to current view only..
I set it on a level well below the main floor level and it's still showing the topo lines going through floor plan... (AND AN UPDATE, it is a 3d site plan if that makes any difference...)

- Floors are intact and showing in view -

Any suggestions?

dbaldacchino
2007-08-02, 05:27 PM
What do you see in a 3D view? Where are the contours showing? I can tell you that you're not the first one to be flustered with dwg visibility issues in plan ;) I recently had a few of my own which were not behaving as expected and I still have not resolved them.

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 05:48 PM
What do you see in a 3D view? Where are the contours showing? I can tell you that you're not the first one to be flustered with dwg visibility issues in plan ;) I recently had a few of my own which were not behaving as expected and I still have not resolved them.
I have attached photos of where the model is located around / above the site plan as well as the current floor plan view of the topo lines crashing through it... The model is set almost 10 meters above is position on the 3D site...

dbaldacchino
2007-08-02, 06:01 PM
Yeah, clearly above the contours :shock:

And the floors are not overriden and made transparent I assume. Hmmm, let me experiment a bit and I'll post back as this seems like what I was running into last week.

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 06:02 PM
Yeah, clearly above the contours :shock:

And the floors are not overriden and made transparent I assume. Hmmm, let me experiment a bit and I'll post back as this seems like what I was running into last week.Overridden and transparent? What would be doing that? Element properties or another entity overlayed?

"Oh! In the View Visibility Graphics! (LIGHTBULB!)" :mrgreen:

Nope, floors are not overridden or transparent! :rolleyes:

cdetore
2007-08-02, 06:05 PM
If the dwg is linked into the current view only, there should be a toggle for displaying it in the foreground or background on the options bar.

CD

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 06:10 PM
...I've tried the foreground/background button, as well as the bring to back/front buttons... tried adjusting the view range (with no luck..)

If the dwg is linked into the current view only, there should be a toggle for displaying it in the foreground or background on the options bar...
I've already tried that...

dbaldacchino
2007-08-02, 06:20 PM
I cannot reproduce the issue. Take a look at the attached file. The linked dwg is on Level 1. The floor is also on Level 1 but has a 1" offset and as you can see, it is masking the dwg linework. So if the floors are visible in your plan view, they should mask the linework even if you have transparent materials (but not if the floors are overriden to be transparent). Could you post a stripped down version of the file? Take out your building and just do a floor and leave the dwg. Just post the rvt.

sleimgruber06
2007-08-02, 06:29 PM
I'll more than likely need permissions to do so... let me get back to you here shortly... Thanks David for the help so far!

BRB :Puffy::Puffy:

cdetore
2007-08-02, 06:35 PM
Sorry I misread your original post.

CD